Major crypto players Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Cosmos, Polygon Studios and Solana Ventures were among those that have invested in an additional $725 million in funding to close a Series B round for the blockchain gaming platform Forte.
- The round was led by Sea Capital and Kora Management with a number of game and media publishers participating, including Animoca Brands, Big Bets (Huuuge Games), Overwolf, Playstudios, Warner Music Group and zVentures (Razer).
- Funding will be used to expand Forte’s products and services, as well as speed up the onboarding of emerging game and content publishers.
- Forte’s platform is used by gaming publishers to incorporate blockchain technology into their games. The platform also allows non-fungible token (NFT) to be minted and sold.
- In May, Forte raised $185 million in a Series A round at a $1 billion valuation, led by Griffin Gaming Partners.
- This recent fundraise brings Forte’s total capital raised this year to more than $900 million.